The Online Industry Safety and Security Watch Group (iSSWG) was launched in January 2021 by Mr Desmond Tan, Minister of State for Ministry of Home Affairs and Ministry of Sustainability and the Environment. Formed as a partnership between the Singapore Police Force (SPF) and the Asia Internet Coalition (AIC), the Online iSSWG aims to:
- Promote greater exchange of information to fight crime and counter the threat of terrorism online;
- Enhance public awareness of common scam tactics and cyber safety;
- Encourage sharing of expertise and best practices to strengthen the security of online platforms; and
- Support development of guidelines, frameworks or industry standards to create safe online communities.
This set of guidelines, which is based on the combined expertise of the SPF and leading technology companies under the AIC, outlines the below considerations:
- Explore strategic and practical challenges and risks associated with increased online activities;
- Develop a framework for empowering users and businesses to detect and act on potential risks in a timely manner;
- Encourage good cyber hygiene habits and the cultivation of responsible online behaviours; and
- Promote the concept of Digital Defence which is the sixth pillar of Total Defence. It requires Singaporeans to be alert, secure and responsible online. This includes practising good cybersecurity habits and guarding against fake news and disinformation.
Also, watch the launch video on our YouTube Channel here