The Asia Internet Coalition (AIC) is pleased to welcome PayPal and Expedia group, further expanding our membership to include ten of the world’s leading Internet companies supporting the growth of the digital economy across the Asia Pacific.
The AIC membership now comprises Apple, Expedia group, Facebook, Google, LINE, LinkedIn, PayPal, Rakuten, Twitter and Yahoo!.
PayPal was founded in 1998, and continues to be at the forefront of the digital payments revolution. PayPal gives people better ways to manage and move their money, offering them choice and flexibility in how they are able to send money, pay or get paid. It operates an open, secure and technology agnostic payments platform that businesses use to securely transact with their customers online, in stores and increasingly on mobile devices. In 2015, 28% of the 4.9 billion payments PayPal processed were made on a mobile device. With its 188 million active customer accounts, PayPal is a truly global payments platform that is available to people in over 200 markets, allowing customers to get paid in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds to their bank accounts in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Expedia group (NASDAQ: EXPE) is one of the world’s leading travel companies, with an extensive brand portfolio that includes leading online travel brands, and empowering business and leisure travellers through technology with the tools and information they need to efficiently research, plan, book and experience travel.
Expedia group seeks to grow its business through a dynamic portfolio of travel brands, including our majority-owned subsidiaries that feature the world’s broadest supply portfolio – including more than 307,000 properties and 1.2 million live vacation rental listings in 200 countries, over 475 airlines, packages, rental cars, cruises, as well as destination services and activities. Travel suppliers distribute and market products via Expedia group’s traditional desktop offerings, as well as through alternative distribution channels including mobile and social media, Expedia group’s private label business and call centers in order to reach an extensive, global audience. In addition, Expedia group’s advertising and media businesses help other businesses, primarily travel providers, reach a large audience of travellers around the globe. Expedia group’s portfolio of brands includes:
- Expedia.com®, a leading full service online travel company with localized sites in 33 countries
- Hotels.com®, a preeminent global lodging expert operating in more than 65 countries and 35 languages with its award winning Hotels.com® Rewards loyalty program
- Orbitz Worldwide, including leading U.S. travel websites Orbitz.com and CheapTickets.com, as well as ebookers, a full service travel brand with websites in seven European countries
- Expedia® Affiliate Network (EAN), a global B2B business that powers the hotel business of leading airlines, top consumer brands, online travel agencies and thousands of other partners through its API and template solutions
- trivago®, a leading online hotel search with sites in 55 countries worldwide
- HomeAway®, a global online marketplace for the vacation rental industry, which also includes the Abritel, FeWo-direkt and BedandBreakfast.com brands, among others
- Egencia®, a leading corporate travel management company
- Travelocity®, a leading online travel brand in the U.S. and Canada delivering customer service when and where our customers need it with the Customer 1st Guarantee
- Hotwire®, inspiring spontaneous travel through Hot Rate® deals
- Expedia® Media Solutions, the advertising sales division of the Expedia group that builds media partnerships and enables brand advertisers to target a highly-qualified audience of travel consumers
- Wotif Group, a leading portfolio of travel brands including Wotif.com®, Wotif.co.nz, lastminute.com.au®, lastminute.co.nz and travel.com.au®
- Classic Vacations®, a top luxury travel specialist
- CarRentals.com™, a premier online car rental booking company with localized sites in 13 countries
- Expedia Local Expert®, a provider of online and in-market concierge services, activities, experiences and ground transportation in hundreds of destinations worldwide
- Venere.com™, an online hotel reservation specialist in Europe
- Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, a provider of exceptional value and expert advice for travelers booking cruises and vacations through its network of over 220 retail travel agency franchises across North America
For more information, please contact: email@example.com.